I saw a YouTube video where someone made a cake using just Oreos. An Oreo flavoured cake? I was sold at that. But, it’s a double win that you only need 3 ingredients to make it. The YouTuber baked the cake on the stove, which looked like I could mess that up too easily, so I thought I’d try a much safer mug cake option. This also meant less Oreos had to be crushed so less effort. You get a rather indulgent cake (for a microwave cake anyway!). It’s moist and spongey and has an intense Oreo flavour, which (of course) is what you’re going for.
I tried mixing the milk in with the Oreo filling first, but even with quite enthusiastic mixing, I couldn’t get the filling to smooth out very well in the milk. So, I just mixed everything in at once as it all blends together when cooking in the microwave. You get a few patches of just the cream dotted around the cake. But I think that adds a bit more excitement to it, so I’m not complaining!
- 4 oreas
- 60ml plant-based milk
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Separate the Oreos, scrape out the filling and place the filling in a mug.
- Place the biscuit part onto a piece of parchment paper. Wrap it up and crush the biscuits with a rolling pin until fine.
- Add the broken up biscuit, milk and baking powder into the mug and stir well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes 20 seconds. (I have a 1000 Watt microwave, so you may need to adjust the time if your microwave has a different power.)
- Allow to cool slightly for a couple of minutes before digging in.