I bought some pastry to make a tofu and mushroom pie, but I wasn’t really feeling it. When thinking of what else I could make for the pie filling, I decided on the chip shop curry sauce I made lifetimes ago as it had also been lifetimes since I’d last had some and I was craving it.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time 32 minutes
- oil, for greasing
- 150g puff pastry
- 200g chip shop curry sauce (I left mine unblended)
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- plant-based milk, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C / 400˚F / gas mark 6. Lightly grease a 6×5″ pie dish with oil.
- Bring a pan full of water to the boil. Add the potato and sweet potato and simmer for 10-12 minutes until soft. Then drain and return to the pan. Stir in your curry sauce.
- Separate your dough into about 100g and 50g balls. Roll the larger ball out to a few millimetres thick to line your pie dish.
- Line the pie dish with your rolled out dough and gently stab multiple times with a fork on the base and sides (without going fully through the dough). Cook in the oven for 5 minutes to partially cook the dough.
- Roll out your smaller ball of dough to a few millimetres thick to be the lid for your pie.
- Spoon the curry mixture into your pie dish. Brush milk along the edges of the pastry then press the lid on top. Brush the lid with milk and cut in two small holes.
- Cook your pie in the oven for 20 minutes until golden on top.
Each serving approximately contains:
- Calories: 490 kcal
- Fat: 19.2g
- Carbohydrates: 65.8g
- Protein: 11.0g