We have quite a few tins of fruit in the cupboard. I never know how to serve them, but peach muffins sounded tempting.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 400g can of sliced peaches in juice
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125ml juice from the can of peaches
- 25ml oil
- 100ml plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C / 350˚F / gas mark 4.
- Drain the peaches, reserving the juice. Line a muffin tray with cases.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl then stir in the ground almonds, caster sugar and baking powder. Pour in the juice from the tin of peaches, oil and milk. Gently stir together until well combined.
- Spoon the cake batter evenly between your muffin cases. Add a peach slice on top of each muffin (you won’t use all the peach slices).
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden on top.
Each muffin approximately contains:
- Calories: 154 kcal
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Protein: 3.1