We picked loads of blueberries from our garden a few months ago and there’s still quite a lot in our freezer so what better way to enjoy them than in blueberry cupcakes?
I let the blueberries defrost first before adding them as the frozen clumps are too much effort to break apart.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
- 175g self-raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125ml plant-based milk
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 150g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C / 350˚F / gas mark 4. Line a cupcake tray with cases.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gently stir in the milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar until well combined. Then stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes until golden on top.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Each cupcake approximately contains:
- Calories: 136 kcal
- Fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4g
- Protein: 1.6g