I don’t use garlic very often in everyday meals; I tend to buy it for a specific recipe in mind, which leaves me with the majority of the garlic left to use. Like now. But, I liked the sound of making garlicky mushrooms, which is how this meal was born.
I find garlic quite overpowering so only used 1 clove, but feel free to use more if you like it stronger. Having said that, I love garlic bread. My taste buds work in strange ways!
- 75g pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 80g mushrooms, sliced
- 80g broccoli, roughly chopped
- 100ml plant-based milk (I used oat milk)
- 1tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet’s instructions.
- Heat an oiled saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli and sauté for a further 5 minutes, adding water if the pan becomes dry.
- Drain the pasta and add to the veg.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. Pour into the saucepan and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
Calories: 382 kcal