It’s the time of year where my garden is bursting with fruits and veggies. I’ve got loads of greens growing so I wanted to chuck them together for a simple and delicious dinner.
This meal is packed full of nutrients. The broad beans are very high in protein and are also an excellent source of folic acid, copper, iron and manganese. The climbing beans and runner beans contain a good source of vitamins A and C. Finally, the courgette contains a good level of potassium and vitamin C.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
- 75g pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 45g broad beans
- 30g climbing beans, sliced
- 50g runner beans, sliced
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- 80g cooked green lentils
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to the packet’s instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, fill a pan 3/4 full with boiling water. Add in all the veggies and lentils and simmer for 5-6 minutes, then drain.
- Place the pasta and veggies in a bowl. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds, drizzle with a generous amount of lemon juice and then serve.
One serving approximately contains:
- Calories: 469 kcal
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 86.6g
- Protein: 17.9g