When in doubt, eat oats. You can’t go wrong with oats, after all! They’re perfect for breakfast, lunch and even dinner (but maybe not in the same day!).
Berries are coming into season in Britain so, of course, I’ve included them in this breakfast. If berries are a bit overpriced where you live, try finding some frozen berries since they’re usually cheaper.
I’m a huge fan of ginger. Not only does ginger taste great but it also has some pretty awesome health benefits too, including:
- helping to relieve menstrual pain,
- improving digestion,
- acting as a natural painkiller that reduces pain and inflammation.
- 50g porridge oats
- 200ml plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- 100g berries, halved (I used blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or more if you can take the heat!)
- Stir all the ingredients together in a jar or bowl.
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Calories: 469 kcal
- Fat: 11.7g
- Carbohydrates: 80.7g
- Protein: 10.8g