Lo and behold the second cheese sauce meal! Are you ready to delve into some cheesy goodness?
This is probably my favourite meal with my cheese sauce (sorry pasta recipe!). It’s probably the mushrooms and lentils that make it for me–I love ’em. Speaking of things that I love, you’ll notice that this recipe is also served with chives. What can I say? I just think that cheese and chives were made for each other! Who knows, next I’ll probably be dipping chives straight into the sauce’s jar!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 120g rice
- 120g red split lentils, rinsed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 320g mushrooms, sliced
- 320g broccoli, chopped
- 8 tbsp cheese sauce
- salt and pepper
- chives, to serve
- Fill a pan 3/4 full with boiling water. Add the rice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After the rice has been cooking for 5 minutes, add the lentils and simmer for another 25 minutes.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cheese sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes to heat up the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the rice and lentils have finished cooking, drain and divide into bowls. Add the cheesy veg, garnish with chives and serve.
Each serving approximately contains:
- Calories: 367 kcal
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 48.8g
- Protein: 16.8g