Recently, I shared my pea pesto recipe and so I wanted to share with you this delicious pasta recipe I’ve been using it in. I find that the pesto adds a lovely richness to the pasta. The extra ingredients are basically an unblended version of the pesto, which really enhances the flavour and makes it even more yumcious.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Total time: 17 minutes
- 300g pasta (I used brown rice spaghetti)
- 12 tbsp pea pesto
- 4 salad tomatoes, diced
- 160g peas, fresh or frozen
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the pasta according to the packet’s instructions, drain and then transfer to a large bowl.
- If you’re using frozen peas, fill a small pan 3/4 full with boiling water and simmer the peas for 4 minutes then drain.
- Stir the pesto, tomatoes, peas, sesame seeds and lemon juice into the pasta and then serve.
- Calories: 581 kcal
- Fat: 19.8g
- Carbohydrates: 72.5g
- Protein: 23.0g
I tried pasta and pesto with pomegranate the other day and it was delicious. You must try it!