Here’s another pea recipe! (I really need to tone down my pea addiction.) You’ll notice that this isn’t a traditional (vegan) pesto recipe since it doesn’t contain any oil or nuts, however I’m not a huge fan of eating raw oil, which is why I subbed the tahini in its place. This also meant that I could make it nut-free since the richness of the tahini replaces the need for any nuts.
- 240g peas, fresh or frozen
- 10g basil leaves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- salt to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tbsp water
- If you’re using frozen peas, fill a small pan 3/4 full with boiling water, add the peas and simmer for 4 minutes then drain.
- Blitz the peas, basil, nutritional yeast, tahini, salt and lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- Slowly add the water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to one week.
Each tablespoon approximately contains:
- Calories: 49 kcal
- Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3g
- Protein: 3.2g