These energy bites are packed full of protein and flavour and only take a few minutes to make. They’re easy to carry around, making them a great snack for school or work.
I like to take a few with me when I go on walks and trips since I’m basically constantly hungry! Also, I like to eat them when I’m snuggled up in bed, watching a movie – just because they’re convenient out-of-the-house snacks doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them at home!
Serves: ≈ 30 balls
- 100g walnuts
- 100g cashews
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut, plus extra
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 200g Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Place the nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut and cacao powder in a food processor. Blitz until the nuts and seeds have crumbled up nicely.
- Add the dates and peanut butter and blitz again until a dough begins to form
- Add the water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough is slightly sticky.
- Roll the dough into small balls, then coat them in the extra desiccated coconut.
Each ball approximately contains:
- Calories: 83 kcal
- Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 6.0g
- Protein: 2.0g
Feel free to substitute different nuts or seeds if you don’t like the ones that I’ve used. Enjoy!