I’m a huge sandwich lover. I put pretty much everything into a sandwich from salad to chips and even … pasta. Don’t judge me, it tastes good!
This is a great option for a packed lunch at school or work, since it’s so full of nutrients. The chickpeas provide you with plenty of protein and the bread is a carbohydrate so will release energy slowly throughout the rest of the day.
Serves: 2 sandwiches
- 50g cooked chickpeas
- 30g cooked sweetcorn
- 40g cucumber, diced
- salt and pepper
- wedge of lemon
- 2 tbsp hummus (check out my homemade hummus recipe here)
- 4 slices of your favourite bread
- handful of lettuce, washed
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl with a fork.
- Mix in the sweetcorn and diced cucumber.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle over the juice from the wedge of lemon.
- Spread a generous amount of hummus on each slice of bread. (I toasted my bread a bit first.)
- Spread the chickpea mixture on two slices of the bread then layer with lettuce. Close the sandwich and serve.
Each sandwich contains:
- Calories: 308 kcal
- Fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates: 44.6g
- Protein: 11.9g