I live in Britain. Therefore, no matter what time of the year, it’s almost always cold! However, there comes a positive from this: soup. You have every excuse to spend a dull afternoon cooking up something delicious in the kitchen. And then, in the evening, you can snuggle up next to the fire with a book in hand while sipping your warm, cosy soup. Absolute bliss.
This pea soup is incredibly warming and revitalising. Serve with your favourite bread or even dollop a spoonful over some pasta for something different.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1l vegetable stock
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 240g peas, frozen or fresh
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- handful chives, chopped
- Heat a large, oiled saucepan. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Pour in the stock and add the potato. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and chickpeas then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chives on top.
Each serving of soup contains:
- Energy: 100 kcal
- Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9g
- Protein: 4.7g