This was the first meal that I made with quinoa, and it was so easy yet tasty that I keep going back to it. I was at university at the time so wanted to make something quick and easy. And so, I threw together some seeds and fruit with some cooked quinoa and the result was absolutely delicious!
Quinoa is a great base for many meals as it is just so good for you. It’s high in fibre and antioxidants and is, in fact, a complete protein (meaning it containing all the essential amino acids)!
I find that the vibrant colour of mango and pomegranate makes this dish look so appetising, and, let’s be honest, these two fruits taste amazing together. Also, I added a mixture of sunflower and poppy seeds to increase its protein content and for a bit of crunch.
This is a delicious snack, pudding or small meal to have on its own.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 120g uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 mangos
- 1 pomegranate
- 8 tsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tsp poppy seeds
- Pour 400ml boiling water into a saucepan. Add the quinoa and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking, dice the mangos and deseed the pomegranate.
- Place the fruit from one mango in a blender and blend until smooth.
- When the quinoa has absorbed all the water, fluff it with a fork, then transfer it into a bowl.
- Stir in the mango purée and layer the diced mango, pomegranate, sunflower and poppy seeds on top.
Each serving contains:
- Calories: 412 kcal
- Fat: 15.6g
- Carbohydrates: 62.9g
- Protein: 11.9g