Pancake day is nearly here! So, there’s no better time than now to share with you this recipe for delicious, vegan pancakes.
I’ve seen many recipes for vegan pancakes and most of them are made mainly with flour and milk, which is a bit boring. Some others are made with bananas. Unfortunately, I don’t like the taste of ripe bananas, nor do I like the taste of blended or mashed (ripe or unripe) bananas. I’m weird. I know. So that’s why I decided to experiment with other fruits that could bind the pancake batter together. And voilà! Mango pancakes were born.
For the pancakes:
- 1 large mango, diced
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- handful strawberries, sliced (optional)
- mango, diced (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Blitz the mango pieces and milk in a blender until a smooth mixture forms.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt, and stir well.
- Beat the mango mixture into the flour.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over medium heat.
- Drop a spoonful of batter into the frying pan for each pancake. Use the back of the spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
- Cook the pancakes on one side until bubbles form in the middle. Flip, then cook for another 1-2 minutes, until golden brown on the other side.
Serves: 10 pancakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes